Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Manning" Up

They like to make things out of wood here

Stage 10, (yes, we have entered the double digits) Princeton to Hope, 135km. Today's ride went through Manning Park, but I couldn't ride all of it because a lot of it had no shoulder and single lane traffic only. Which probably would have resulted in my death or serious injury if I did ride through those sections. In total, I only rode about 65km today. But I did ride to the top of Allison Summit, 4425 ft. It feels good to be back in the mountains and out of the desert, I feel much more at home and comfortable. The air seems better here, well maybe not in Hope, but it was in Manning Park.


Riding through Manning Park

I am so close to Vancouver, which in turn means I am also really close to Victoria (only a ferry ride away)! Nothing too exciting happened today, other than the shoulder disappearing, it was a pretty solid day. Only 2 days until Victoria...yeah I never thought I would actually get this close. I also didn't think that I would make it over the Salmo-Creston pass, or the Blueberry-Paulson or to Osoyoos but I did. I'm not actually sure how I keep pedaling sometimes, because when I get off the bike for the day I could easily just go to sleep wherever I stop, or as soon as I stop I realize how hot it is and I can't believe that I was riding in that heat, but some how I always keep pedaling.




This sign was very hard to find and get to

2 comments: