Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Made It!

I made it, I biked all the way across BC. I rode 1,227km, (I double checked that number). It is pretty cool. When I started out and thought of the idea, I never though that I would ever make it all the way across, all the way to Victoria! I did. Pam from the Canadian Cancer Society called me, and met me at "Mile Zero" with flowers and balloons from the Cancer Society. Mile Zero is where Terry Fox had hoped to end his run. I actually got lost trying to find it today and had to be rescued. My friends from school Gita, Maryann and Alicia were also there to great me and see me finish. That was great! Also a family friend Bev came and my friend Shannon's grandma, Mrs. Carlsen, came to great me to! It was pretty cool, but I am exhausted. At least Gita made me cookies and brownies...that was awesome, Gita is the best cook, I love her!

I am really glad I did this, it was really rewarding experience, difficult, but rewarding. I also get to be in Snaps magazine, which is also pretty cool. Enjoy the pictures. The journey is over, but the fight will continue. I am still accepting donations, DONATE


On the ferry going to Victoria



Biking from the ferry to Victoria, 38km



Alicia came to find me, I was only like 500m from the monument, but I was lost. Thanks Alicia



Woo, I made it!



My mom and I in front of "Mile Zero"



Pam, Gita, Alicia, Me, Mrs. Carlsen, and Bev



Pam and I



Maryann, Alicia, Gita and I in front of Legislature



Exhausted in front of Legislature, but happy

1 comment:

  1. Great job Kaylynn!! You are amazing :)
    Have a great year as school.

    The Gross Family

    ReplyDelete