Monday, August 31, 2009

Wine, Hills and Cheers


Wine, fruit and highway.

Stage 9, Osoyoos to Princeton, 116km is done. Sorry about the late blog post, but I had to find internet to steel. Today had its ups and downs, literally and figuratively. It was a really hilly day, not huge hills, but lots of 500m up and then 500m down kind of stuff. The last 20km was tough, really tough. It was very hot, and I had a headwind. I did get to smell fruit trees and vineyards for pretty much the whole day though!

Going down from the Richter Summit, 2295ft.

I think what got me through today was all the cheering, waving and honking. Yesterday was the Penticton Ironman, so today the 2000 something racers had to go home. I cheered them on yesterday and today, they cheered me on! I got waves, honks, cheers and $20. This one car passed me honking and waving, then next thing you know he is pulled off the road 1km. He got out of his car and was cheering me on, then he stopped my mom when she went by and donated $20, and gave me a bag that said "Marathon Swim" on it, apparently he swam 26.2 miles for a charity and was impressed by what I was doing. I also got honked at by my first motorhome today...but I think that they were in the Ironman. Only 317km left to vancouver!!!! Yeah!



WOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment