Saturday, August 29, 2009

What Goes Up...Must Come Down

Finally

Stage 7, Grandforks - Osoyoos, 126km, and lots of ascending and descending. Today I suffered, a lot. I got a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday, so I paid for it today. I did not know that I had to climb so much today, and it rained, then it got really hot, and then I got to go down, and I mean down!

I started off today with a 10km hill going up, which I did not really enjoy, and I seemed to go up pretty much for 100km (99.96km). Not always steep up, but definitely up with the occasional tease going down which always resulted in an even bigger hill going up. I will from now on refer to uphill as "the enemy." I had many enemies today, so many. But, coming down into Osoyoos almost made up for the many enemies I conquered on the way up. Down was so fun, on the 180 degree corner that was marked 20km/h, I went 42km/h...so fun.

Today I definitely rode solely on will power, I was so done at 60km and I was only half way there and had a lot more up to go. I am glad I have a rest day again tomorrow, I need it. My knees hurt, I am sunburnt, and I am so tired. So I think I will go take a nap.

Looking at the "Enemy," it was big and I did not want to go up it at all and it was raining.

Conquering the "Enemy"



Sasquatch

No comments:

Post a Comment